About Me

My photo
Lesley Custodio is a Licensed Acupuncturist in San Diego, CA. Feel Well Acupuncture is where the healing happens for her clients and she loves sharing health tips, recipes, and simple inspiration to help them live happy and healthy!

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Mostly Organic Nourishing Beef & Kale

Dinner made in a flash! Mostly organic, too! Last night, I had about 30 minutes before I had to leave to pick up my husband at the airport. So I kept dinner simple and used a few of my kitchen staples: 

Gluten-free Barilla Penne Pasta 
Organic Classico Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce 
Organic Ground Beef
Organic Purple Kale (chopped)
Garlic
Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
Rosemary, Basil, & Thyme
Salt & Pepper

1. Prepare the pasta as directed. Reserve some of the pasta water to thin the sauce if needed. I've tried a bunch of different gluten-free pastas and Barilla is my favorite. It cooks well (without ending up mushy) and it tastes just as good as wheat pasta. 
2. In a separate pan, add the pasta sauce to warm it up. 
3. Heat your oil of choice in a pan. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add the ground beef. Season with rosemary, thyme, & basil. When the meat is browned and almost cooked through,  season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped kale and sauté until the greens are wilted. If you want to cut the fat, drain off any excess fat before you add the greens. 
**Optional - before adding the kale, take half of the ground beef and add it to the pasta sauce. Add the kale to the remaining portion of ground beef. Double flavored just for kicks. 😋 
4. To the cooked pasta, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and add the pasta sauce. Add pasta water until you have the desired consistency. 
5. Serve together and enjoy! If you like cheese, try adding some grated Parmesan. 

In Chinese Medicine/Eastern Nutrition: 
Kale - nourishes blood
Beef - perfect for winter, nourishes blood, and benefits for tendons & bones
Garlic - warms and strengthens digestion, moves Qi, inhibits fat synthesis 

I finished making everything in 30minutes!     After sneaking in a couple of bites (a taste test!), I safely sped off to pick up my husband. After a long trip, he was happy to come home to hot homemade meal that we were able to enjoy together. :) 

Easy, simple, & tasty dishes like this help keep me on track with my health. Plus, if I eat well 80% of the time, I can indulge in a little fun for the other 20% (like on special days like Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays 😋). And did I mention that you can also get a great workout done in 30 minutes, too?

I don't know about you, but with the #holidays coming up, I am looking ahead and know that I am pushing forward with my own #health. I want to go into 2016 feeling fabulous, rather than feeling like crap especially after falling into the holiday junk. I've been there, done that and do not want a repeat. 

Do you feel the same? Then join me on my December Holiday Health Challenge! We kickoff the Monday after Thanksgiving! 

📌Email me for sign up instructions. 
Lesley@feelwellacupuncture.com


No comments:

Post a Comment